Sunday, 5 January 2014

Christmas sewing - Eblieh and Eee Eee



Katie's most favourite animal is Ebliehs (a.k.a. Elephants!).  I decided that Santa ought to give her one for Christmas and had a wee hunt around on pinterest to find a toy elephant pattern.  This is the one I decided to try - but I machine stitched it - for speed really, rather than aesthetics.  Since the pattern wasn't intended for machine sewing there was a couple of places where a number of seams met and they were a little tricky.....but a bit of wrangling and manipulation soon sorted them out.

I also made a couple of wee mice, complete with little beds, for Santa to give the girls.  I saw the pattern mentioned on Flossie Teacakes (Florence has some wonderful adaptations including a pig and crocodile).  The tutorial is here.  The Eee Eees are very satisfying to make - quick, simple and effective.

The photos below show Katie sporting her first ever ponytail (polylail). She was very proud of it, although it lasted all of 5 minutes before being pulled out, and blissfully unaware that she is still completely lacking in proper hair at the front!  Her attempts at a 'camera smile' result in this wrinkled nose grimace - which I find incredibly cute but I am, of course, awfully biased.
I'm burying my head in the sand at the moment and trying to pretend that school doesn't start back tomorrow.  Still, I know they'll have fun and Katie and I may brave the swimming pool.........I do wish the water was warmer.

Hoping you have a lovely Sunday evening and not too much of a shock tomorrow morning.
 photo forestpoppybottomofbloglinks_zps31b0f5ee.jpg

8 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Love Eblieh and Eee Eee and Katie's pony tale. She does look cute and seems to have grown so much recently!
Sarah x

Louise said...

Very cute - both your makes and Katie!

haggiz said...

Gorgeous Christmas makes for gorgeous girls! Happy New Year. Hope the children (and you) are ok going back to school. Ben doesn't go back til tomorrow and isn't looking forward to it! Julie x

saffa said...

Happy New Year Julie :) Your elephant is gorgeous, Katie looks very cute indeed, I love her camera smile! She is growing up quickly! The little mice are wonderful and must've been a delight for your girls to open at Christmas :) You are clever with the pattern know hoe with these, wishing you and your family a wonderful new year, love safxxx

saffa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Micawber said...

The elephant and mice are perfect - I really like that ear fabric. And Katie's ponytail and grimace are adorable. :)

...Nina Nixon... said...

Oh my Julie - the elephant and mice are wonderful.

Happy New Year to you all.

Nina x

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

I hope the first day back wasn't too much of a shocker, I find the whole morning thing a bit stressful and am most pleased it's now the weekend! Lovely makes, isn't it nice to have a few handmade things in the mix. Katie is looking super cute. Bethx